Great news from BiD! I will be teaching a Joomla template building class, in conjunction with JoomlaTraining.com, April 24th in Miami and June 18th in Atlanta. The 7 hour class will cover everything you need to know from template tags to advanced techniques with template parameters and overrides. To ensure good classroom interaction, the module has limited occupancy so jump on board soon!
Suggested Class Outline
You’ll learn how to design a Joomla template from scratch:
- Part 1: Introduction to Joomla templates
- Part 2: Template tags, functions and conditions
- Part 3: Standard module chrome and other module parameters
- Part 4: Converting an existing design to Joomla
- Part 5: Template Parameters
- Part 6: Template Overrides
- Part 7: Advanced techniques, tip and tricks
- Part 8: Hands-on exercise
Additional Items Provides
- Lunch and coffee / snacks throughout the day
- 6 months of free Joomla support after the class
- A flash drive full of tutorials and best-of-breed Joomla components
- Free membership to the alledia.com SEO Club. ($99 value)
- Free copy of the Alledia.com Bolt Template. ($60 value)
There are probably going to be several other items thrown in such as a free design / template (which will be the class project), Textmate bundle, and a few other ideas I’ll post a little later.
If you are looking for beginner/intermediate Joomla training or development training, there are other great classes available as well.
It’s really a great deal for $300 and seating is limited. Buy your ticket now!
Would you like to see something specifically covered in the class? Make sure to leave a comment below!